Aol Imap And Smtp Settings
You can access the AOL mail account a web browser using your AOL email address and password.
If you wish to access the AOL mail account in any mail applications or clients such as Outlook Express or Thunderbird on your computer, perform the easy steps on aol imap and smtp settings mentioned below..
Configuring the mail account with Aol Imap and Smtp Settings on Mozilla Thunderbird
- Step : 1 In the main interface of the Mozilla Thunderbird email client, click the Local Folders tab on the left side.
- Step : 2 Click the Email option in the SetUp An Account section to display the Set Up An Existing Email Account window on the screen.
- Step : 3 Complete the Your Name field with your full name that you wish to show to others.
- Step : 4 Type the AOL mail account’s address and its password in the Email Address and Password fields.
- Step : 5 If required, mark the box next to the Remember Password option.
- Step : 6 Click the Continue button followed by the Manual Config button in the Set Up An Existing Email Address window to proceed further. This will open the Mail Account Setup window on the screen.
- Step : 7 Follow the above steps we can execute that Aol Imap and Smtp settings.
Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Select the IMAP mail server from the Incoming drop-down menu.
- Server Host Name - imap.aol.com
- Port - 993
- SSL - SSL/TLS
- Authentication - Normal Password
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Server Host Name - smtp.aol.com
- Port - 587
- SSL - STARTTLS
- Authentication - Normal Password
Note: If you have selected 465 port from the Outgoing Port drop-down menu, you have to select the SSL protocol from the Outgoing SSL drop-down list.
Once you type your full name in the Username field, click the Done button in the Mail Account Setup window.
When you see the Account Settings window on the screen, click the OK button.
Configuring the mail account with Aol Imap and Smtp Settings on Microsoft Outlook Express
- Step 1: Right-click the Outlook Express icon on the desktop of your computer and select the Open option to display its main interface.
- Step 2: Click the Tools tab and select the Accounts option. In the Internet Accounts window, click the Add button followed by the Mail option on the right panel of the screen.
- Step 3: When the Internet Connection Wizard window opens, fill the Display Name field with your name and click the Next button.
- Step 4: After entering your AOL mail address in the Email Address field, click Next.
- Step 5: Note: The AOL email address format is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 6: Select the IMAP mail server from the My incoming mail server drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Type the server name as imap.aol.com and smtp.aol.com in the Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server and Outgoing mail (SMTP) server fields.
- Step 8: Once you enter all the required information correctly, click the Next button in the Email Server Names window.
- Step 9: When the Internet Email Logon window displays on the screen, provide the correct details in the Account Name and Password fields and then click the Next button.
- Step 10: Once you see the Congratulations message on the screen, click the Finish button to save the server settings.
- Step 11: Go back to the Internet Accounts window by clicking the Tools tab followed by the Accounts option.
- Step 12: In the Internet Accounts window, go to the Mail tab. Select imap.aol.com and click the Properties button on the right panel of the screen.
- Step 13: When you see the imap.aol.com Properties window on the screen, go to the Servers tab and click the checkbox next to the My server requires authentication option. After clicking the Apply button, navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Step 14: Mark the checkbox beside the This server requires a secure connection (SSL) option if you wish to secure it using the SSL protocol.
- Step 15: Give the correct port number in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) and Incoming Mail (IMAP) fields.
- Step 16: Follow the above steps we can execute that Aol Imap and Smtp settings.
Default Port settings
- IMAP - 993
- SMTP - 587(TLS) or 465 (SSL)
- Click the IMAP tab, remove the checkmark next to the Store special folders on IMAP server option, and click the Apply button followed by the OK button.
- Exit the Internet Account window by clicking the Close button on the right side of the screen.