How to access the Pop3 and att SMTP settings?
You can access the AT&T email from your web browser by entering the email address and password of the AT&T email account.If you do not prefer to access the AT&T email in the web browser, carry out the quick steps mentioned below to set up AT&T email on an email program such as Thunderbird or Outlook on your computer.
Setup AT&T Email In Microsoft Outlook
Perform the following steps we can execute that att SMTP settings.
- Step : 1Open the main interface of the Microsoft Outlook application on the computer.
- Step : 2Click the File tab at the top end of the screen.
- Step : 3When you see the Account Information window on the screen, click the Add Account button. This will open the Add Account window on the screen.
- Step : 4After selecting the checkbox next to the ‘Manual setup or additional server type’ option, click the Next button.
- Step : 5Select the POP or IMAP option and click the Next button in the Choose Service window..
- Step : 6Now, the POP and IMAP Account Settings window displays on the screen.
- Step : 7Complete all the fields with the correct server settings mentioned here.
- Step : 8By using these steps we can execute that pop3 and att SMTP settings.
- Your name - full name
- Email address - email@example.com
- Account Type - POP3
- Incoming Mail Server - inbound.att.net
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - outbound.att.net
Optional Step - If you wish to save the AT&T email password, checkmark the box next to the Remember Password option.
Test Account Settings
Select the checkbox beside the ‘Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked’ option.
Deliver New Messages To
- Click the radio button beside the New Outlook Data File option.
- Once you click the More Settings button, the Internet Email Settings window opens.
Select the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ options.
Here you can use the guidelines that Pop3 and att SMTP settings.
- Step : 1 After selecting the This server requires an encrypted connection SSL option, type the port number as 995 in the Incoming Server (POP3) field.
- Step : 2 Note: The typical port number for the SSL-enabled incoming mail server is 995.
- Step : 3 Select either SSL or TLS from the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down list and type the correct port number in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field.
- Step : 4 Note: The typical port number for the outgoing mail server is 465 (SSL-enabled) and 587 (TLS-enabled).
- Step : 5 Select the checkbox next to the ‘Leave a copy of messages on the server’ and ‘Remove from server when deleted from the Deleted Items’ options.
- Step : 6 Click OK ->Next -> Close -> Finish.
By following the guidelines we can execute that Pop3 and att SMTP settings.