Comcast Smtp 10060 Error Code
If you encounter the error code 10060 when sending an email message, it signifies that there is a problem with SMTP. This issue usually occurs due to an incorrect SMTP host/port, firewall, virus, or ISP firewall. It is usually an intermittent problem that can be solved with the appropriate solutions. Try out the troubleshooting techniques listed in this article and fix the Comcast SMTP 10060 error code.
Incorrect Smtp Settings
- Step :1As the first step of troubleshooting the problem, check Comcast's outgoing mail server settings.
- Step :2If you have configured your Comcast email account in Windows Mail or Outlook, open the application and check if you have entered the correct hostname and port number. Even if these credentials are slightly misspelled, you will end up in trouble.
- Step :1The security protocols of your computer's firewall can impact the functionality of certain applications and IP addresses. This problem also occurs due to antivirus software and Windows Defender.
- Step :2Therefore, disable the firewall, antivirus software, and Windows Defender on your computer (temporarily) and then check if your problem is rectified.
- Step :3In a few cases, the SMTP error code 10060 occurs due to the impact of a virus. Although this is not a common cause, there is a possibility that an infected system may fail to generate the connection when sending an email. Therefore, scan your computer, and if you find any viruses, quarantine them.
- Step :1An ISP firewall can block traffic from certain ports, which happens in most cases. This is usually done to ensure that there is no spam in traffic.
- Step :2In this case, you have to contact your Internet Service Provider to get rid of the SMTP error code 10060.
Tune The Web Proxy Connection
- Step :1When you modify the web proxy connection settings, you can fix the SMTP error code 10060 to some extent. The following instructions will guide you in that regard.
- Step :2Open the Run box on your Windows computer (Windows + R).
- Step :3Type inetcpl.cpl and click OK.
- Step :4When the Internet Properties window opens, click the Connections tab and select the LAN Settings option.
- Step :5Select the Use a proxy for your LAN option and click the OK button in the LAN Settings window.
Increase Timeout For Website Loading
The most common reason behind the error code 10060 is timeout waiting for email data. When you increase the timeout of website loading, you can fix the problem efficiently. The following instructions will guide you in that regard.
- Step : 1 Open the Run box on your computer.
- Step : 2 Type regedit and click OK.
- Step : 3 In the Windows registry window, locate the following registry name:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\W3Proxy\\Parameters and click on it.
- Step : 4 Go to subkeys and click the RequestTimeOutSecs option.
- Step : 5 Click Modify> Decimal. Then, set the timeout value to 180; you can also set it to more than that but not below 180.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you fix the "Comcast SMTP 10060 error code". If the problem is not yet fixed, get in touch with our expert team. To do that, use the call option provided on this page.