Email Error Code 0x80004005
When trying to add your email account to Outlook, if you get the error code 0x80004005, the problem might be with a firewall, antivirus software, Windows update, or corrupted files. However, with the appropriate solutions, you can handle this trouble effectively. Try performing all the solutions listed in this article and see if you can fix the email error code 0x80004005.
Run The Windows Update
In most instances, the error code 0x80004005 occurs when the automatic Windows update fails or the files downloaded by the Windows update are corrupted. The best way to handle the issues with Windows updates is by running the built-in automatic troubleshooter. The following instructions will guide you in that regard.
- Step : 1 On your Windows computer, click Start> Settings> System> Troubleshoot> Other troubleshooters.
- Step : 2 Under the Most frequent option, choose Windows Update and click Run.
- Step : 3 Once the troubleshooter has finished running, restart your computer.
Check For New Updates
- Step :1Sometimes, the error code occurs when there is a problem with the Windows update.
- Step :2Click Start and select Settings> Windows Update> Check for updates.
- Step :3If it shows any updates, install them and see if the problem is resolved.
Delete Temporary Files
- Step :1In most instances, temporary files can lead to the error code 0x80004005.
- Step :2Open the Run box, type %temp%, and click OK.
- Step :3Now, delete all the temporary files and check if the error code is fixed.
Disable Windows Defender And Firewall
- Step :1In some cases, your computer’s antivirus software and firewall can interact with your email account. As a result, you’ll end up with the error code.
- Step :2Therefore, disable Windows Defender and firewall and see if your error code is resolved.
Run System File Checker
- Step :1If the error code has occurred due to missed or corrupted files, you can handle the problem by running the System File Checker.
- Step :2On your Windows computer, type cmd in the search area. When it shows you the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Step :3Now, just type the following command and then press the Enter key: sfc /scannow.
- Step :4Once the scanning process gets completed, see if the error code is fixed.
Run The Dism Scan
- Step :1Open Command Prompt with Admin rights.
- Step :2Type the following commands and ensure to press Enter after each command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Step :1When you run this command, the corrupted files will be repaired. And, the error code will also be fixed.
- Step :2Finally, close the Command Prompt window and ensure that the error code is fixed.
These troubleshooting solutions can help you handle the email error code 0x80004005. If you still cannot fix the problem, get in touch with our expert team.