How To Fix Error Code 0x80072f89?
The error code 0x80072f89 is a Windows Mail app error that occurs when you are unable to send and receive emails. The error is mostly faced by Windows 10 users. Carry out the solutions given below to fix the error.
Step 1: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
- Step 1: Press the Windows and R buttons together to open the Run dialog box.
- Step 2: Type ms-settings:troubleshoot in the Search section and click on the OK button.
- Step 3: Otherwise, open the Settings application and select the Troubleshoot section.
- Step 4: When the Troubleshoot window appears, scroll down to the bottom and select Windows Store Apps under Find and fix other problems.
- Step 5: Click on the Run the troubleshooter button and wait until the scan is complete.
- Step 6: When the results appear on the screen, select the Apply this fix option.
- Step 7: Reboot your computer once the troubleshooting process is finished.
- Step 8: Open the Windows Mail app and check whether you can send the email messages.
- Step 9: If the issue persists, continue with the next step.
- Step 10: Use this following steps to fix the error code 0x80072f89.
Step 2: Port incoming and outgoing mail servers
- Step : 1 Launch the Windows Mail application and click the Settings icon.
- Step : 2 Select Manage Accounts and choose your email account.
- Step : 3 Click the Options for syncing your content link under Change mailbox sync settings.
- Step : 4 Scroll down and go to Advanced Mailbox settings. Then, select Incoming and Outgoing mail server info.
- Step : 5 Enter the port number as 995 for incoming mail server along with your server address.
- Step : 6 In the outgoing mail server section, type the server address and enter the port number as 465.
- Step : 7 Save the changes you have made and restart your computer.
- Step : 8 Using these steps to fix the error code 0x80072f89.
Step 3: Re-adding your Mail account
- Step 1: Delete your email account from the Windows Mail app and re-add it to fix the issue.
- Step 2: From the Windows Mail app, go to Settings.
- Step 3: Select Manage Accounts and choose your email account.
- Step 4: Click the Remove this account from this device link, select Delete for confirmation, and click Done.
- Step 5: Now, go to Manage Accounts and select the Add account option.
- Step 6: Select your email domain and enter the login credentials to sign in to your account.
- Step 7: Now, you can start sending emails from the Windows Mail app without the error code 0x80072f89.