How Do I Fix Gmail Error Code 101?
The Gmail Error Code 101 generally arises due to connection problems in the Gmail server. Other server-related issues or failed operations might also be the cause of the error. When this error pops up, you will not be able to load your Gmail inbox. At times, you might not be able to open your emails.
To fix the Gmail error code 101, please follow the troubleshooting methods provided here:
Method 1-Restarting your device:
- Step : 1 The most convenient way to resolve the error is to restart your computer/any other device.
- Step : 12 Once you reboot the device, Gmail will also restart and will get back to normal.
- Step : 3 In case you are using Gmail on a mobile, you can reboot the same by long-pressing the power key on it.
Method 2-Checking your internet connection:
- Step : 1 The primary reason behind the
Gmail error code 101 could be a poor internet connection. So, please check if your internet connection is strong.
- Step : 2 In case your internet connection is poor, it will stop Gmail from loading.
- Step : 3 Open the default web browser and try opening a few pages on it.
- Step : 4 If you find that the web pages are not opening, first turn off the data connection. After a short while, turn it on again.
- Step : 5 Another option is to turn on Airplane mode on your computer/any other device and connect it to WiFi to access the internet.
- Step : 6 Use the following steps to fix the Gmail error code 101.
Method 3-Clearing the cache and cookies:
Every time we browse, our web browser will save the cache. This cache and the cookies on your browser might intervene in the normal functioning of Gmail.
So, you can resolve this issue by deleting the cache and the cookies. To do the same, please follow the steps given here.
The following steps are applicable for the Google Chrome browser:
- Step : 1 Open your web browser and then go to Settings.
- Step : 2 From the left pane, select the Privacy and security option.
- Step : 3 In the main window, under Privacy and security , choose the Clear browsing data option.
- Step : 4 You will now see a pop-up on your screen. In this pop-up, select the checkboxes next to the cookies and other site data and the cached image and files options.
- Step : 5 Click on the clear data button.
- Step : 6 Now, you will see that your cache and cookies are deleted.
- Step : 7 By using these steps to fix the Gmail error code 101.
Method 4-Removing malware from your computer:
- Step : 1 At times, malware might be the reason behind the Gmail error code 101.
- Step : 2 Therefore, run a reliable antivirus program on your computer. Then, make sure that you remove the malware from your system.
- Step : 3 Viruses have the capacity to create server issues, thereby interrupting the normal functioning of Gmail.
- Step : 4 Hence, you need to ensure that there is no virus on your system.
Method 5-Updating the Gmail app:
- Step : 1 In case your Gmail app is outdated, it might result in the Gmail error code 101.
- Step : 2 So, try updating your Gmail app to the latest version.
- Step : 3 You can easily update the app by visiting the Play Store.
One or more of the above methods should help you in resolving the Gmail error 101.
We have now discussed the Gmail error code 101 and seen the troubleshooting methods to fix the same.