How To Fix Gmail Outbox Queued issue?
“Queued“ in Gmail indicates that Gmail is unable to send an email immediately and hence it gets stored in the outbox. It also indicates that the failed email will be sent anytime, even without your knowledge. There are some users who have been posting queries saying that their Gmail outbox queued. There are also possible explanation as to why the Gmail outbox is queued. We have worked on this issue and have found out a couple of reasons behind it.
The Mailbox is exceeding the size limit:
- Step : 1 As you know, every online application comes with a limitation and Gmail (app) is no exception.
- Step : 2 The problem can be because of the number of emails that are sent in a short span of time.
- Step : 3 The limit indicates not only the size but also the number of outgoing emails.
An issue with the Gmail servers:
- Step : 1 When it comes to Gmail, there are many networks related to the issue.
- Step : 2 All you can do is wait for the issue to be solved on the server end.
Running out of storage:
- Step : 1 The storage getting filled can be a major problem reason for the mails to be queued in Gmail outbox. Sending emails all at once can occupy a lot of space in the Gmail app.
- Step : 2 There are many chances that the app is unable to capitalize on the data size and it is looking for some free space and send the emails.
We will now look at the methods to clear the Gmail outbox that is queued. The steps given below are implied for both the Gmail (Web access) and the Gmail app. So, work on these methods carefully.
METHOD 1: TURN OFF ENABLE OFFLINE
- Step : 1 Log in to your Gmail account from a browser.
- Step : 2 Click the Settings icon in Gmail.
- Step : 3 Click the See All Settings button.
- Step : 4 The Settings page will open.
- Step : 5 Click the Offline tab.
- Step : 6 You will find the checkbox with the name Enable offline mail; click to deselect the option if the checkbox is already enabled.
- Step : 7 You will no longer see your emails queued in the Gmail outbox.
METHOD 2: CHECK THE ATTACHMENT SIZE
- Step : 1 If you are sending emails with an attachment size of more than 25MB, your Gmail outbox will be queued.
- Step : 2 When you want to send an email with attachments, make sure the attachment size is 25MB or below.
- Step : 3 If the attachments are exceeding the limit, try compressing the files and send them again.
- Step : 4 You can also make use of Google Drive or upload the files to any file storage site and add the link to your email.
- Step : 5 Now try resending the email and you will be resolved from the Gmail outbox queued issue.
METHOD 3: CLEAR THE BROWSER CACHE AND HISTORY
Here are the steps for the two most commonly used browsers.
- Step : 1 Go to the upper right corner of the browser window and click the three-dotted icon (Menu).
- Step : 2 You will now see a drop-down list appear. Move the cursor to the History option and then click History.
- Step : 3 The History window will now open.
- Step : 4 On the left, you will see the section Chrome History. Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Step : 5 Now the Clear Browsing Data window will open.
- Step : 6 Click the Advanced tab and click the checkbox for the option Browsing history. You can also select the time range from the drop-down list.
- Step : 7 Click the Clear Data button.
- Step : 1 Open the Mozilla browser on your computer and click the Menu icon.
- Step : 2 Now, you will see a drop-down list open. Click Options.
- Step : 3 The Options tab will now open on the browser.
- Step : 4 In the left section of the Options tab, click the Privacy & Security option.
- Step : 5 The History section will now open on the right side of the page.
- Step : 6 Click the Clear History button.
- Step : 7 You can choose the time range for deleting the browsing history.
- Step : 8 Click the Clear Now button and this will completely delete your browser’s history.
- Step : 9 Check if this resolves the Gmail outbox queued problem.
METHOD 4: CLEAR THE APP DATA ON SMARTPHONE
- Step : 1 Open the Settings on your smartphone.
- Step : 2 Select the Apps & notifications option.
- Step : 3 Scroll through the list and select the Gmail app.
- Step : 4 Select the Storage option.
- Step : 5 Tap on the CLEAR CACHE button.
- Step : 6 Later on, tap on the CLEAR DATA button.
- Step : 7 Using the above mentioned methods, you can easily fix Gmail Outbox Queued issue.