Why Gmail Smtp Blocked?
You might’ve heard of the recent Google announcement. Google declared that as of 30th May 2022, the use of third-party applications and devices that enable users to sign in to a Google account using just a username and password would no longer be supported. If Gmail blocks you from accessing your account, this update of Google can be the reason. Continue reading this article to know how to handle the "Gmail SMTP blocked" problem. Without further ado, let's move into the topic.
ENABLE 2-STEP AUTHENTICATION
If you are using the Google SMTP server for your emails, you cannot access it. In those instances, you should enable 2-step authentication on your Google account and create an app password to access your account. Follow these instructions for the detailed procedure.
- Step : 1 Sign in to your Google account.
- Step : 2 Click Security in the navigation panel and select 2-step verification under the Signing in to Google option. Then, click Get Started.
- Step : 3 Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and enable 2-step authentication.
- Step : 4 Now, see if you can access your Google account without any error code.
- Step : 5 If you still cannot access your account, you can try using an app password.
- Step : 6 To create such a password, go to your Google account and select Security. Under the Signing in to Google option, select App Passwords. However, if you have not enabled 2-step verification for your account or set up 2-step verification only for security keys, you will not find this option.
- Step : 7 Click Select App and choose the app to which you want to create a password. Click Select device, pick the device you are using, and click Generate.
- Step : 8 When prompted, create a password you prefer and click Done.
- Step : 9 Once you create the app password, log in to your Gmail account with the email address as the account name and the app password as the password.
If the “Gmail SMTP blocked” issue is still not solved, use the call option on this page to contact our technical experts and get it fixed.