POP3 and Smtp For Hotmail Configuration Settings In Outlook
Carry out the steps given below to configure Hotmail POP3 and SMTP settings on Microsoft Outlook.
- Step : 1 Launch the MS Outlook application to configure the POP3 and SMTP protocols.
- Step : 2 Log in to your Hotmail account by clicking the Add Account tab.
- Step : 3 Click the Tools menu and select the Account Settings option from the list.
- Step : 4 Choose your account in which you want to change the settings.
- Step : 5 Now, enter the server details as follows:
- For the incoming server
- 1. Choose the POP3 server and enter the name as pop.hotmail.com.
- 2. Type 995 as the port number, and select either SSL or TLS connection for encrypted settings.
- For outgoing mail server:
- 1. In the SMTP server name field, type smtp.hotmail.com.
- 2. Enter 587 in the port number for TLS connection, and 465 for SSL connection.
- Step : 6 After configuring, you will start receiving all your Hotmail emails on your Outlook.
- Step : 7 Click the Finish button to save the server settings on Outlook.
- Step : 8 Using these steps we can configure the settings POP3 and Smtp For Hotmail.
IMAP is now enabled in your Office 365.