How Can I Do Btinternet Imap Settings
Btinternet is one of the popular email services with tons of features built-in. To add your Btinternet email account to an email client, you must configure your account with the appropriate incoming and outgoing server settings. On this web page, we will show you the IMAP and SMTP server settings of Btinternet and the procedure for configuring your email account in Outlook. Now, let’s move into the procedures on How Can I Do Btinternet Imap Settings.
Incoming Server Settings
- Step : 1 Incoming mail server (IMAP): mail.btinternet.com
- Step : 2 Port number: 993
- Step : 3 IMAP Security: SSL
- Step : 4 Username: Your email address
- Step : 5 Password: Your Btinternet.com password
Outgoing Server Settings
- Step :1Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.btinternet.com
- Step :2Port number: 587
- Step :3SMTP security: TLS
- Step :4Username: Your email address
- Step :5Password: Your Btinternet.com password
Now, let's see how to configure your Btinternet email account in Outlook.
Configure Btinternet Email Account In Outlook
When you configure your email accounts on an email client, you don’t need to sign in to your email account every time; instead, you can access all your emails in your email client. The oncoming instructions will guide you through the procedure for configuring your Btinternet email account in Outlook.
- Step :1Open the Outlook 2016 application.
- Step :2Click File> Add Account.
- Step :3Choose the Manual setup or additional server types option in the Add Account window and click Next.
- Step :4Select the POP or IMAP radio button in the Choose Service window and click Next.
- Step :5In the following window, you have to enter your credentials in the User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information sections.
- Step :6Enter your name and Btinternet email address in the User Information section.
- Step :7Specify your account type, Incoming and Outgoing mail server settings in the Server Information section.
- Step :8Enter your username and password in the Logon Information section (you can refer to the previous section to know the credentials). Then, click the More Settings… button.
- Step :9In the Internet E-mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box. Then, pick the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button and click OK.
- Step :10Now, go to the Advanced tab, enter the port numbers for incoming and outgoing server settings, select the encryption type you prefer, and click OK.
- Step :11When you are redirected to the Add Account window, click Next.
- Step :12Once your Btinternet account has been set up properly, you will see the message “You’re all set!” Then, click the Finish button.
For further questions and clarifications on How Can I Do Btinternet Imap Settings, get in touch with our expert team. You can use the call option that we have provided on this page to contact us.