How To Back Up Imap Email?
Setting up IMAP accounts in Outlook is one of the best ways of managing and maintaining your emails. However, to prevent the loss of data, you have to back up your IMAP mailboxes frequently. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to back up Imap Email.
The following is the manual method that you can utilize to back up IMAP mailboxes in Outlook.
Precaution: At times, while using this manual method, you might lose some data if an error occurs. However, it happens only in certain exceptional cases. So, it would be wise to have an alternate method handy. Although the manual method is the standard one, making use of an alternative to back up your IMAP mailboxes would still help.
Let us now dive deeper into the manual method:
- Step : 1 First, open Outlook (2013/2016) on your computer or any other device.
- Step : 2 Next, go to the File tab.
- Step : 3 Choose the Open & Export option and then click the Import/Export option.
- Step : 4 You will now notice the Import and Export Wizard pop up on your screen.
- Step : 5 Under Choose an action to perform, choose the Export to a file option. When you have done that, click the Next button.
- Step : 6 The Export to a File window will now be displayed on your screen. In this window, under Create a file of type, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option. Then click on the Next button.
- Step : 7 In the Export Outlook Data File window, choose the IMAP folder that you wish to back up and then click on the Next button.
- Step : 8 Important Note: By utilizing this manual method, you will be able to back up only one mailbox at a time.
- Step : 9 Next, choose the location where you wish to save your backup file and then click on the Finish button.
Using the above (manual) method, you can conveniently back up your IMAP mailboxes. If you having any further queries regarding how to backup Imap Email. Click the call button available on the screen.