How To Change Gmail Account Name?
Gmail is a free email service provided and developed by Google. The users can use Gmail on the web and also any third-party applications that can synchronize with the email content that uses the IMAP and POP interface. The Gmail application was launched in 2004. It had an initial storage capacity of 1 gigabyte and went on to have 15 gigabytes per user.
Here's how to change Gmail account name only when it is linked to your Gmail account.
Follow the directions given below to change the name in Gmail in different modes of the Gmail application:
- Step : 1 Launch your Windows computer.
- Step : 2 Open the default browser you use for accessing Gmail.
- Step : 3 Log into your Gmail account.
- Step : 4 Click the gear icon, that indicates Settings and go to Personal Info> name> Edit.
- Step : 5 You can follow the on-screen instructions and change the name for your Gmail account.
- Step : 6 Re-enter the name in the field if prompted.
- Step : 7 Note: You can only change your name not more than three times a minute. This limit is applicable to accounts that are created less than 2 weeks.
- Step : 8 By using these steps we can execute that how to change gmail account name.
- Step : 1 Launch the home screen of your Android device.
- Step : 2 Open the Gmail application and log in to the account if the device prompts you to.
- Step : 3 Now, navigate to the Settings option and open the Gmail app settings.
- Step : 4 Click Manage my account and tap Personal Info.
- Step : 5 Under the Profile option, tap Edit. (You may be asked to sign in)
- Step : 6 Enter the name you want to change in the appropriate field and tap the Done button.
- Step : 7 Your Gmail name will be changed in your Android device.
Gmail in iOS devices
- Step : 1 Launch your iOS device; iPhone or iPad.
- Step : 2 Open the Gmail app on the device, log in with the login credentials.
- Step : 3 Tap the Menu option (three horizontal lines) and choose the settings option.
- Step : 4 Choose Option >Gmail Account > Manage your Gmail Account.
- Step : 5 Select the Personal info option and change the name of the Gmail account.
- Step : 6 Follow the on-screen steps, and once done, save your changes.
- Step : 7 Follow these steps we can execute that how to change gmail account name.