How To Create An Association For Email?
Before we get into creating an email association, let us see why it is necessary. For example, consider the Windows 7 operating system. It has a utility known as Default Programs. In this utility, you could set the programs that can be used to open particular files or protocols. Added to that, you can set a program to open all the files with which it is compatible. Carry out the belo-mentioned steps how to create an association for email.
Creating an email association will make sure that any email activity is carried out by the program of your choice. Let us now look into the steps to create an email association on a Windows 7 computer:
- Step : 1 First, on your computer, click the Start icon and then select the Default Programs option.
- Step : 2 In the Default Programs window that appears next, you will find the Set your default programs link. Click on it.
- Step : 3 In the left column, under the heading Programs, choose the desired email program.
- Step : 4 Select the Set this program as default option and then click on the OK button. Now, this step will take you back to the Default Programs window.
- Step : 5 Click the Associate a file type or protocol with a program option.
- Step : 6 Now, scroll down the screen to the email file extension like .eml or .pst, for which you wish to create an association. Then, click the file extension so that it gets highlighted in blue.
- Step : 7 Finally, click the Change program option.
- Step : 8 Choose your email program and then click on the OK button.
- Step : 9 You can also set a default program scheme by following the steps given here:
- Step : 10 In the Default Programs window, click the Set program access and computer defaults option.
- Step : 11 Now, select an available option like Non-Windows, Microsoft Windows, or Custom.
We have now seen the steps how to create an association for email on your Windows 7 computer.