How To Delete A Sent Email In Outlook?
When you are in need of deleting an email that you have wrongly sent from your Outlook email account, you can make use of the Recall option. But the success of the Recall option depends on whether the recipient has read the email you sent or not. If the recipient has read the message before you recall it, then the recall option won’t delete the email from the recipient's Inbox. When you delete or replace an email that you sent, it will be notified to the recipient based on the settings of the ‘Automatically process requests and responses to meeting requests and polls’ option in the recipient's email account.Here's how to delete a sent email outlook application.
Recall an email:
To delete a sent email in Outlook using the Recall option, carry out the steps given below.
- Step : 1 Open the Outlook email client on your computer and sign in to your email account.
- Step : 2 Go to the Sent folder of your email account.
- Step : 3 Click and open the email that you wish to recall (delete) from the recipient's email account.
- Step : 4 Once you open the email, click the Message menu from the menu bar, go to the More tab and click the Actions drop-down menu.
- Step : 5 Now, click the Recall This Message option from the list.
- Step : 6 In the Recall This Message window that opens, select the Delete unread copies of this message option.
- Step : 7 Make sure to enable the checkbox near the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option.
- Step : 8 Now, click the OK button.
- Step : 9 You can see a notification regarding the recall of the email.
- Step : 10 Follow these steps we can execute that how to delete a sent email in outlook.
Recall and Replace an email:
If you want to delete a sent email and replace it with a new email, then make use of the steps given below.
- Step : 1 Open your Outlook email account using the Outlook email client.
- Step : 2 Go to the Sent folder and open the email concerned.
- Step : 3 Now, click the Message menu, as said in the earlier section. Then, go to the Move section and select the Resend This Message option from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Step : 4 In the pop-up window, select the ‘Delete unread copies and replace with a new message’ option and click the OK button.
- Step : 5 Now, you can type the contents of the new message to be sent to the same recipient instead of the earlier email.
- Step : 6 Once completed editing, click the Send button.
- Step : 7 A notification regarding the Recall action you performed can be seen in the window of the sent email.
- Step : 8 Also, an email will be received to your Inbox regarding the success or failure of the recall action.
- Step : 9 By using these steps we can execute that how to delete a sent email in outlook.