How to Link Outlook Email to Gmail?
Linking an Outlook account to Gmail is basically using the Microsoft Outlook account in Gmail. In order to get the linking between two email accounts, you will have to link them through the IMAP feature in your Gmail account and then configure them. Before we proceed further to the steps, let us get to know about IMAP. The IMAP --- Internet Message Access Protocol --- helps in retrieving email messages from a mail server through a TCP/IP connection. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to link Outlook Email to Gmail.
Now coming back to the topic, you have to enable the IMAP feature in your Gmail account to initialize the linking.
- Step 1: Launch your Windows or Mac computer.
- Step 2: Open the default browser, enter the Gmail URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Step 3: In the Gmail page will that opens, enter the login credentials to gain access to your account.
- Step 4: Once you have signed in to your Gmail account, click the Settings (gear) icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 5: In the Gmail settings page, click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Step 6: In the IMAP Access section, click the Enable IMAP radio button.
- Step 7: Click the Save Changes button.
- Step 8: The initial configuration has now been completed in Gmail.
- Step 9: Perform these steps we caan execute that how to link Outlook Email to Gmail.
Now, you will have to proceed with the final steps of configuration to link Outlook to Gmail.
- Step : 1 Launch the Microsoft Outlook application on your computer.
- Step : 2 Click the File tab in the menu bar and select the Account Settings option.
- Step : 3 Click the New option in the Accounts Setting dialog box and select the Email account option.
- Step : 4 In the Email Account setup window, click the Manual Setup located at the bottom of the page and click the Next button.
- Step : 5 Select the POP or IMAP option.
- Step : 6 Now you will have to add the following information to complete the procedure.
- Step : 7 By using these steps we can execute that how to link Outlook Email to Gmail.
- Enter your Username in the required field.
- Enter your Email Address in the required field.
Choose IMAP from the drop-down list.
Incoming mail server: imap.Gmail.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.Gmail.com
User name: Your Gmail address
Password: Your Gmail password
- Now select the More Settings button at the bottom of the page and click the Outgoing server tab.
- Click the checkbox for the option My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click the Advanced tab and enter the following information.
SERVER PORT NUMBERS:
Incoming server- 993, Encrypted connection- SSL
Outgoing server- 465, Encrypted connection- SSL
- Click the checkbox beside the ‘Sent Items and Deleted items’ option and click the OK button.
- Now the Outlook email client will test the connection. It might take a couple of minutes to confirm the connection.
- Once done, you will have your Outlook account linked to Gmail.
- Follow these above steps we can execute that how to link Outlook Email to Gmail.