How To Recall An Email In Outlook?
Recalling an email is actually a ‘blessing in disguise’ feature in Outlook. Imagine a situation where you have composed an email to be sent to your boss or co-worker or someone else, and accidentally you have hit the Send button by mistake without completing the email. This is where the Recall feature of Outlook would come for your rescue. Using this feature, the message that was sent can be retrieved from the recipient’s mailbox, and you can send a replacement email instead of that. But recalling an email should be done immediately after sending the wrong email. If the recipient has opened your email, then it won’t be possible to recall your email form their mailbox. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to recall an email in outlook.
Let’s go through the steps for different versions of Outlook to recall an email.
- Step : 1 Click the Sent items from the navigation pane in the Outlook application.
- Step : 2 Open the Mail you want to recall.
- Step : 3 Just above, you will see a group of actions.
- Step : 4 Click the arrow near the Other Actions option and select the option Recall This Message.
- Step : 5 Click either of the two options: Delete unread copies and replace with a new message or Delete unread copies and replace with a new message.
- Step : 6 The old Email will be recalled.
- Step : 7 You can click the Compose button and compile a new email to your recipient.
- Step : 8 Click the Send button.
- Step : 9 By using these steps how to recall an email in outlook.
The steps for the newer versions of the Outlook are quite similar except for the few steps.
- Step : 1 Navigate to the Sent Items folder and select the Mail you want to recall.
- Step : 2 Click the Message tab on the top pane of the Outlook application next to the File tab.
- Step : 3 Locate and click the Actions option on the right side of the pane and select the Recall This Message option.
- Step : 4 Click either of the two options: Delete unread copies and replace with a new message or Delete unread copies and replace with a new message, click the OK button.
- Step : 5 Click the Compose button to send the replacement message to the same recipient.
- Step : 6 Click the Send button.
If you having any further queries regarding how to recall an email in outlook. Click the call button available on the screen.