How to Scan and e-Mail a Document?
If you want learn how to scan and e-mail a document it to an email address or just attach it to your own email address, then the section below will help you.
Most of the printer supports the Scan to E-mail option. To use this option, you need to configure the e-mail server settings on your printer’s web access page or on the printer itself. After configuring the settings, you can scan your document and send it to the email address directly from the printer.
But in case if your printer does not support the Scan to E-mail option, then you need to try some other alternative way. If your printer does not support the Scan to E-mail option but supports scan to computer, then scan the document and save it on the computer. Later, you can email the scanned document to an email address of your choice.
To know how to scan a document and e-mail it, follow the instructions given below.
- Step : 1 First, make sure that your printer has been configured correctly.
- Step : 2 Check if your computer and the printer are connected over a network or directly using a USB cable.
- Step : 3 Now, place the original document you want to scan on the scanner glass or in the ADF reader.
- Step : 4 Press or tap the Scan button on your printer’s control panel.
- Step : 5 Select the Scan to computer or to computer option.
- Step : 6 Make sure to select your computer correctly.
- Step : 7 Choose the format of the scanned document.
- Step : 8 Finally, tap or press the Start button or icon.
- Step : 9 Once the document is scanned, a copy of it will be saved on your computer.
- Step : 10 Now, open your email application or log into your email account using a web browser.
- Step : 11 Click the Compose button to create a new message.
- Step : 12 Fill the To, subject, message body fields.
- Step : 13 Click the Attach button.
- Step : 14 Browse and select the scanned document.
- Step : 15 Click the OK or Attach button.
- Step : 16 Finally, click the Send button.
- Step : 17 Now, the scanned document will be emailed to the recipient.
Is it possible to use a mobile device to scan and email a document?
There are apps like Tiny Scanner, Cam scanner, and Microsoft Office Lens that allow you to perform the scan to email operation. If you feel insecure about using these apps, then you can use Google Drive. If you’re an
Android device user, then you’ll have this app as default. To know how to use the Google Drive app to perform how to scan and e-mail a document operation in detail, follow the instructions given below.
- Step 1: Launch the Google Drive app on your Android device.
- Step 2: On the main page of the application, you can see all the saved documents.
- Step 3: Tap on the + symbol available on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Now, a pop-up window displaying the list of options will appear on the screen.
- Step 5: Select the Scan option.
- Step 6: As soon as you select it, the camera opens up.
- Step 7: Place the document you want to scan on a table or on a clean surface.
- Step 8: Now, take a snap of your document using the camera.
- Step 9: Once the snap is taken, it will be converted into a PDF file by the Google Drive app.
- Step 10: To continue the scanning process, tap the + symbol.
- Step 11: Once the full document has been scanned, open it and tap on the vertical three dots icon available at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 12: Select the Send a copy option followed by an e-mailing tool.
- Step 13: Enter the email address and other necessary information in the corresponding fields.
- Step 14: Finally, tap Send.
- Step 15: That’s it! Your scanned document will be emailed to the selected email address.
If you having any further queries regarding how to scan and e-mail a document. Click the call button available on the screen.