How To Turn Off IMAP Server Alerts?
You might face an error in Outlook when you attempt to sync your Google Mail to Outlook. The error will be represented by the following message:
Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following. Please log in via your web browser…
When you find the above error message on your screen, you might wonder how to turn off the IMAP sever alert.While there is no way to turn off the alert, you can follow some simple steps to troubleshoot the error. You can make sure that it does not pop up again the next time you try to sync your Google account to Outlook. Therefore, this is one way to turn off IMAP server alerts.
Now, follow the steps given here to do the same:
- Step : 1 When you encounter the above error message, click on the OK button in the message dialog box.
- Step : 2 Now, close all the open windows and then close Outlook also.
- Step : 3 Open your Google account, click on your profile picture at the top-right corner of the window, then click on My Account.
- Step : 4 The My Account page will display now. You can see the Sign-in & security tab on the left side of the page. Click this tab. The Sign-in & security page will be displayed.
- Step : 5 Scroll down the current page until you find the Allow less secure apps option. Click on the toggle switch provided next to this option and turn it ON.
- Step : 6 Refresh your current page and then return to the initial page.
- Step : 7 You can now close your Google account window.
Continue with the instructions given here to know how to turn off IMAP server alerts.
- Step : 1 Open the Outlook app, then click the File tab.
- Step : 2 Click on the + Add Account button. The Add Account window will pop up.
- Step : 3 Now, complete all the required information in this window and then click on the Next button.
- Step : 4 You will now see the Searching for your mail server settings message.
- Step : 5 Now, your email account will be added to Outlook.
- Step : 6 Click on the Finish button.
- Step : 7 You will find your email account address in the left pane of Outlook.
- Step : 8 So, the next time, the IMAP server alert will not pop up on your screen.
- Step : 9 You have now seen how to turn off IMAP server alerts.