How to Turnoff Outlook Offline Mode?
Most of us might have seen the Working Offline status at the bottom of the Outlook application window. Working Offline means the Outlook application has been disconnected from your mail server. As a result of it, you will not be able to send or receive emails on your Outlook account. The only way to fix the mail server connection issue is to turn off or disable the Offline Mode on your Outlook application.
On this page, we’ll show you how to turnoff outlook Offline mode, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- On your Windows computer, open the Outlook application by double-clicking on its icon.
- Make sure that your Outlook is in the offline mode. You can ensure it by checking the status bar of the Outlook window.
- Look for the white X on a red circle at the bottom of the window.
- Now, go to the Send/Receive tab.
- A toolbar will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- Check if the Work Offline button is active. If yes, the background of the button will be dark-grey. If it is not dark-grey, then it means the Work Offline mode is disabled.
- Active: Click the Work Offline button. Inactive (disabled): Click the Work Offline button twice.
- Once the Working Offline message has been disappeared, the Outlook application will start working normally.
- You can now see the Connected to: Microsoft Exchange status at the bottom of the Outlook window.
- Open the Outlook application.
- Click on the Outlook menu.
- Now, a drop-down menu will be displayed on the screen.
- Check if there is a tick mark beside the Work Offline option.
- If yes, click on the Work Offline option to untick it.
That’s it! The Offline mode is turned off on your Outlook application.
If you need a remote assistance how to turnoff outlook offline mode, contact us.