How to Access Icloud Mail on Android?
Apple provides its users with several services and the Apple users can access them using their Apple ID. One such service from Apple is iCloud Mail. However, if you have planned to switch to an Android device, but want to access your iCloud Mail on Android, then how do you do it? Quite simple! It is just as simple as configuring any other email account on Android. But, you must create an app password for your Android device to use iCloud Mail on it.
Creating App-Specific Password:
Let us see how to create the app password for your iCloud Mail to use it on your Android mobile phone.
- Step 1: Open a web browser.
- Step 2: Go to the iCloud Mail page and log in with your Apple id and password.
- Step 3: The Manage page window will open. Now scroll down and search for the Security option.
- Step 4: Under App-specific passwords, select Generate Password.
- Step 5: You'll be prompted to enter a description for the password. Enter it and then click Create.
- Step 6: Make sure you remember the password because you'll need it in the next step while configuring your iCloud Mail account on Android.
Configuring iCloud Mail on Android:
- Step 1: Open the Gmail app and tap the Menu icon.
- Step 2: Tap on Settings and then tap Add account to add your iCloud account.
- Step 3: Select the Personal (IMAP) or Personal (POP3) option based on your desire.
- Step 4: Type your iCloud email address in the Username field. In the Password field, enter the app-specific password that you have created. Then tap Next.
- Step 5: Carry out the displayed instructions to complete the setup. Once the setup is done, you could access your iCloud Mail on Android.