How to Set Up Junk Email Settings Outlook 2016?
Junk emails are the ones that cause all the disasters in your Inbox. The Junk email filter available in Outlook is responsible for identifying the junk messages and move them to the Junk E-mail folder. There is an option in Junk email settings outlook 2016 where you can make a choice to either change the level of junk email protection or to delete the junk email automatically.
Both processes are detailed here. Let’s get into the steps on how to change the level of junk email protection.
Instructions to change the junk email protection level:
Generally, the Junk Email Filter protection level is set to No Automatic filtering. There is a way to make the filter more aggressive, where it can catch more junk messages. If the protection level is set even higher, then more number of junk messages will be identified and moved to the Junk E-mail folder.
- Step : 1 Choose the Home option. Click on the Delete group.
- Step : 2 Click on Junk and select Junk E-mail Options.
- Step : 3 Choose the protection level you need.
- Step : 4 No Automatic Filtering: This option will disable the automatic Junk Email filter. But the messages are evaluated with the domain names and email addresses in your Blocked Senders List.
- Step : 5 Low: Use this option if too many junk messages are not received.
- Step : 6 High: Select this option if lots of junk messages are received and you don’t want to prevent messages from senders on your safe list. It is always suggested to check the Junk Email folder often to ensure that the messages are not moved by mistake.
- Step : 7 Safe Lists Only: This option is the most restrictive one. A message will be classified as Junk if the sender is not on your Safe Senders List.
Instructions to delete junk emails:
There is an option to make Outlook 2016 to erase all the suspected junk messages that are received on your account without moving them to the Junk E-mail folder. To delete the junk emails, use these steps below.
- Step : 1 Go to Mail, choose the Home option, and click on Junk.
- Step : 2 Click on Junk E-mail Options.
- Step : 3 Go to the Options tab and enable the checkbox beside Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk E-mail folder.
- Step : 4 Once this option is enabled, all the suspected emails received on your Outlook 2016 account will be considered as junk emails and will be removed immediately.
- Now we have seen how to set up junk email settings outlook 2016 and how to delete junk emails