Messages Not Syncing Between Iphone And Ipad
If messages are not syncing between your iPhone and iPad, you should check if you have set the continuity settings on both devices. The following troubleshooting guidelines can help you handle the "messages not syncing between your iPhone and iPad” issue. With all that said, let's learn the solutions in detail.
Check Your Internet Connection
- Step :1If messages are not syncing between your iPhone and iPad, the problem might be with your Wi-Fi or cellular network. As long as your iPhone/iPad is connected to your Wi-Fi/cellular network, new messages can be sent and received on both devices.
- Step :2Therefore, see if there is any problem with your Internet connection. If so, fix it with the appropriate solutions.
Restart Your Device
- Step :1Any technical problem can be handled efficiently with a restart.
- Step :2On your iPhone, press and hold the Volume and side buttons until the power-off slider appears.
- Step :3Drag the slider and wait for the next 30 seconds until your device turns off.
- Step :4To turn on your device, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Step :5Depending upon your iPhone model, this procedure may vary. If you encounter a syncing problem with your iPad, restart it and ensure your trouble is fixed.
Turn On Imessage
- Step :1In order to synchronize your messages between your iPhone and iPad devices, you should have enabled the sync feature in the first place. And, if you have disabled iMessage on one of your devices, your messages will not be synced. To fix this issue, go to Settings> Message> iMessage. Here see if you have turned off iMessage. If so, turn it on, and once you do this, your messages will be synced between your devices.
- Step :2In some cases, in spite of turning on iMessage, you may face synchronization problems. In that case, turn off iMessage and turn it on once again.
Set Up Text Message Forwarding
- Step :1On your iPhone, go to the Settings section and select Messages followed by Send & Receive.
- Step :2Ensure you are signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
- Step :3If you are using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your devices; you need to enter that code on your iPhone to sync your messages.
Sign Out And Sign In To Imessage
- Step : 1 You should have an Apple account in order to enable iMessage, and you should use this account to sign in to iMessage. No matter which iOS device you are using, the Apple account will be the same on every device. In most instances, signing out and signing in to iMessage with your Apple ID can fix your problem in the best way possible.
- Step : 2 On your iPhone/iPad, go to the Settings section and select Messages followed by Send and Receive.
- Step : 3 Select the Apple ID you are currently using and choose the Sign Out option.
- Step : 4 Now, tap the Use Your Apple ID option and sign in with the same Apple ID.
- Step : 5 Open the iMessage app and go to the Messages tab. Then, select Preferences> Accounts. Select the Apple ID you want to use and choose Sign Out.
- Step : 6 Again, sign in with the same Apple ID; hopefully, this can help you fix the synchronization problems.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have fixed the "messages not syncing between iPhone and iPad" issue. If your problem is still not rectified, you can always use the call option on this page to get in touch with our expert team.