Outlook Express Not Sending Emails
If the emails are not being sent from the Outlook Express email client, perform the troubleshooting steps given on this web page.
- Step : 1 Start any web browser on your computer and check if it has a stable internet connection.
- Step : 2 If not, troubleshoot the network connectivity problem.
- Step : 1 Navigate to the Tools menu and choose the Accounts option.
- Step : 2 Select your email account and click the Properties option.
- Step : 3 Click the Servers tab, go to the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) section, and check if the correct information is entered in the Host name field.
- Step : 4 Also, check if the ‘My server requires authentication’ option is selected.
- Step : 5 Go to the Settings section and then you can mention a different username and password to that of the incoming mail credentials.
- Step : 6 Navigate to the Advanced tab, go to the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) section, and check if the ‘This server requires a secure connection (SSL)’ option has been selected.
- Step : 7 The Outgoing Mail (SMTP) field must be filled with 465.
- Step : 1 The sent items can have a maximum size of 2 GB.
- Step : 2 If it exceeds, you cannot send the emails.
- Step : 3 So, try to move the emails from the Sent Items folder to the other one.
- Step : 4 Now, check if you can send the emails from the Outlook Express email client.
- Step : 1 Close the Outlook Express application on the computer.
- Step : 2 Go to Windows Explorer, search for the Outbox.dbx file, and change its name to Outbox.old.
- Step : 3 Check if the issue has been resolved. If not, carry out the simple instructions mentioned here.
- Step : 1 Antivirus software installed on the computer might interfere with the Outlook Express email client and create the problem.
- Step : 2 Disable the antivirus program and try to send the email.
- Step : 3 Set up your firewall settings in such a way that both the Outlook.exe and the msimn.exe files have the permission to access the internet.
- Step : 4 Repair the Outlook Express application.
- Step : 5 Also, try to start the program in safe mode.
- Step : 6 Still, if you cannot send the emails from the Outlook Express email client, contact our technical experts in resolving this problem by clicking the Call button provided below.