Fix: Outlook Login Problem
A sudden error while logging into Outlook can be frustrating at times but do not worry about it. The issue can be sorted out by following the simple steps provided on this page. Go through the Outlook Login Problem troubleshooting steps and execute them.
Why is there an Outlook login problem?
There are many reasons that can trigger login errors in Outlook. Sometimes the antivirus or firewall on your system can itself be a reason for the login problem. The problem can also be because of an outdated application or server issue or even an unstable network connection.
- Step : 1 Check whether you’ve entered the valid credentials for your Outlook account.
- Step : 2 Check for updates. If there is any, continue updating the application and try to log in.
- Step : 3 Refresh the Outlook page or restart Outlook. And then launch Outlook on your system and try to log in. If you are still encountering the same login issue, then carry on to the troubleshooting steps.
Method 1: Server error
Outlook may not work when there is a server error. Therefore, wait for the server to work back normally and try to login to your Outlook account.
Method 2: Repair your profile
- Step : 1 On your computer, open Outlook and click on the File option followed by Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Step : 2 Navigate to the Email tab and choose your account or profile.
- Step : 3 Find and select Repair.
- Step : 4 Follow the prompted instructions and resolve the issue.
- Step : 5 Once you’re done, restart Outlook and proceed to login.
- Step : 6 If the issue continues, then move to the following methods.
Method 3: Disable antivirus or firewall
- Step : 1 To resolve the Outlook login problem, check whether Outlook is added to the exclusions list in both antivirus and firewall on your system. Otherwise, disable the antivirus temporarily. Locate and right-click the antivirus icon on the system tray and select Disable.
- Step : 2 Now, launch Outlook on your computer and log in to your account.
- Step : 3 See if the Outlook login problem has been fixed.
Method 4: Update/Reinstall the Outlook application
An outdated application can also give rise to such issues. Try to update Outlook on your computer and work on an error-free application. If updating the application doesn’t fix the login problem, then reinstall Outlook.
- Step : 1 Uninstall the previously installed Outlook application from your computer.
- Step : 2 Restart the computer and click the Start menu.
- Step : 3 Go to the Microsoft Store, enter Outlook in the Search field, and click on the Get Button to download the application.
- Step : 4 The application downloading process may take a few minutes; wait patiently and complete it.
- Step : 5 You can get the latest Outlook version from its official site.
- Step : 6 Download and install the application and then check if the login problem has been fixed.
If nothing works, then contact our technical team by clicking the Call button on this page.