Roadrunner Email Settings For Windows Live Mail
Roadrunner is a web-based email service provider known for its user-friendly interface. To configure your Roadrunner email account on your email client, you must input the correct email settings.
The email server settings play a vital role in configuring your email account on an email client. POP and IMAP are standard protocols for incoming emails. Similarly, the SMTP protocol takes care of outgoing emails. A minor mistake in the email settings can significantly impact the proper functioning of your email account.
This article shows you the Roadrunner email settings and the procedure for configuring your Roadrunner email account in Windows Live Mail.
What to select? IMAP or POP?
IMAP keeps your emails on the server so that you can access your email account from multiple devices. When you select POP, it downloads the emails to your email client. As a result, you cannot access your emails from a different device. This is the difference between POP and IMAP; you can choose any one according to your preference.
Server settings for POP/POP3
Step :1Account Type: POP/ POP3
Step :2Incoming Mail Server: mail.twc.com
Step :3Incoming Server –POP3 port: 110
Step :4Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): mail.twc.com
Step :5Outgoing Server –SMTP port: 587
Step :6Inbound & Outbound User Name: Enter your complete email address
Step :7Inbound & Outbound Password: Enter your Roadrunner email password
Step :8SMTP Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Server settings for IMAP
- Step :1Account Type: IMAP
- Step :2Incoming Mail Server: mail.twc.com
- Step :3Incoming Server –IMAP port: 143
- Step :4Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): mail.twc.com
- Step :5Outgoing Server –SMTP port: 587
- Step :6Inbound & Outbound User Name: Enter your complete email address
- Step :7Inbound & Outbound Password: Enter your Roadrunner email password
- Step :8SMTP Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Configure Roadrunner In Windows Live MaiL
- Step : 1 Open the Windows Live Mail application.
- Step : 2 Click Accounts and select Email.
- Step : 3 In the Windows Live Mail window, enter your email address, password, and the display name for the sent messages in the appropriate fields and click Next.
- Step : 4 In the Configure server settings window, select either IMAP or POP.
- Step : 5 Now, refer to the server settings section and enter the credentials in the respective fields.
- Step : 6 Finally, click Next.
That’s it. You have successfully added your Roadrunner email account to Windows Live Mail.
In this manner, you should configure your Roadrunner email settings for Windows Live Mail. If you still need clarifications, you can get back to us for expert assistance.