How To Troubleshoot Tiscali Email Not Working?
If you cannot send or receive any messages in the Tiscali email account, there is a high possibility that the account settings have been configured incorrectly. This is the main reason why the Tiscali email not working on your Android or iPhone. To resolve the problem, delete the Tiscali email account and reconfigure it with the correct server settings. To do this, follow the step-by-step instructions.
Step 1 - Deleting the Tiscali email account
- On your Android mobile phone, locate the Email application and tap its icon.
- Navigate to Settings and tap the Accounts option.
- Select the Tiscali email account and tap the Remove Account option.
- When a warning message opens, select the OK or Remove Account option to remove the Tiscali email account from the Android mobile phone.
- Tap the Settings application on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Select the Passwords & Accounts option.
- Choose the Tiscali email account and tap the Delete Account option.
- Select the Delete Account option again to confirm.
- This will remove the Tiscali email account from the iPhone.
Step 2 - Setting up the Tiscali email account
- Open the Email application.
- If you have already added any other email account, navigate to Menu and select the Settings option.
- Tap the Add Account option followed by the Other option.
- Type the Tiscali email address in the Email Address field and tap the Manual Setup option at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the IMAP or POP account.
- Provide the following incoming mail server details and tap Next.
- User name - Your Tiscali email address
- Password - Your Tiscali email account’s password
- Server - imap.talktalk.net (IMAP) or mail.talktalk.net (POP3)
- Security type - SSL
- Port - 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3)
- Enter the following outgoing mail server details and tap Next.
- SMTP server - smtp.talktalk.net
- Security Type - SSL
- Port - 587
- Tap the Done option to finish the Tiscali email setup.
- Check if the Tiscali email not working.
- Tap the Settings icon on the iPhone.
- Select the Passwords & Accounts option followed by the Add Account option.
- Tap Other -> Add Mail Account.
- Enter the following Tiscali email account details and then tap the Next option.
- Name - Your full name
- Email - Your email address
- Password - Your email account password
- Description - Your account name or personal description
- Incoming Hostname - imap.talktalk.net (IMAP) or mail.talktalk.net (POP3)
- User name - Your full email address
- Password - Your email account’s password
- Outgoing Hostname - smtp.talktalk.net
- Make sure the Email toggle is turned on.
- Tap Save to continue.
- Select the Tiscali email account that you have newly created and tap Advanced.
- Make sure the incoming mail server details have been entered correctly
- Return to the previous screen and select the SMTP server.
- Check if the Use SSL toggle is turned on.
- Type 587 in the Server Port field.
- To finish the Tiscali email configuration on the iPhone, tap the Done option.
- Send a test email to your email address and check if you receive the same. If you receive the email, it indicates that the Tiscali email not working has been resolved.