How To Fix USPS Tracking Not Updating?
USPS tracking is a feature that helps the customer to follow the status of their mailed package from the time the mail transportation starts.
How to Track when it is not updating?
To follow your package, all you need is a special ID called tracking. USPS assigns a unique number to everything which is transported through them. USPS tracking works completely fine more often; however, there might be some conditions where the USPS tracking not updating. Why is it happening? Let us try to fix this problem.
What next if it's not updating?
- Step : 1 In case you see this message, "USPS delivery status not updated,” it means your tracking info isn't updated.
- Step : 2 In some cases, we will make some simple mistakes like entering the wrong number, so ensure that you have entered the right numbers to track your package.
- Step : 3 If your number is incorrect, you can get the correct number in the Following places.
- Step : 4 Look for the Post Office delivering receipt; you can see the sales receipt number if it is Insured.
- Step : 5 Browse the confirmation Email from USPS.
- Step : 6 Look at the peel of the USPS Tracking label.
- Step : 7 The back of the orange slip if you missed a USPS delivery.
- Step : 8 If you have done all the above steps and still your USPS tracking not updating, then the problem is on the other side, i.e., the Letter carrier part.
Lets study about how tracking works?
Without knowing this, we can't sort out the problem. Each shipment has a standardized barcode, scanned every time the packages move from place to place until it reaches its destination. Whenever the barcode is scanned, it will be updated on your tracking info. This is a fundamental process of how tracking functions.
Some reasons why USPS tracking is not updating
- Step : 1 Suppose the barcode is not scanned; you can't get the update. This happens for some reason.
- Step : 2 Due to bad weather conditions, your package may get stuck.
- Step : 3 If your barcode is broken or torn due to changing from destination to destination, the barcode may not be scanned.
- Step : 4 If it's delayed, you can't get the updates.
- Step : 5 If there are a lot of packages (this happens at the time of holidays ), there won't be a scanning process at that time; the USPS tracking not updating.