How to fix Windows Live Mail error 3219?
The error 3219 prevents the Windows Live Mail email client from connecting to the Outlook/ the Hotmail or MSN servers to retrieve your mail. Thus, when this error occurs, the user may not be able to send emails from their email account and instead get to see the Windows Live Mail error 0x8DE00005 on screen.
This error occurs due to the usage of similar credentials for different sorts of authentication simultaneously. You may also face the Windows Live Mail error 3219 while configuring the WLM and syncing emails over an HTTPS link.
Solution to fix the Windows Live Mail error code 3219
Remove the old account:
- Open the Windows Live Mail email client application on your computer.
- On the left panel, locate your email account in which you are facing the error.
- Right-click the email account and choose Remove account.
- In the dialog box, click Yes for confirmation.
- Now, your email account will be removed from Windows Live Mail.
Re-configure the account:
- Open the Windows Live Mail on your device and go to the Accounts tab.
- Find and select the '+' symbol with the @ sign.
- Enter the Username and the Password.
- Click on the Manually Configure Server Settings checkbox.
- Select the server type as IMAP under the Incoming Server Information option.
- Type the server address as imap-mail.outlook.com and port number as 993.
- Make sure to select Requires a secure connection SSL.
- Under the Outgoing Server Information option and enter smtpmail.outlook.com as the server address, then enter 587 as the port number.
- Make sure to select the Requires a secure connection SSL and Requires Authentication tabs.
- Once configured, you will find your email account on the left pane of Windows Live Mail.
- Follow the steps mentioned above to fix the Windows Live Mail error 3219.